MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CERTIFIED), part-time, Jobs in New York 2024
Advanced Dermatology, P.C. and the Center for Laser & Cosmetic Surgery , Job in clinic
2627B Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island, NY, USA
$19.00 – 23.00 per hour, Part-time, pay commensurate with experience
Outstanding opportunity for a Part-time Certified Medical Assistant that would be working for a fast paced dermatology practice in our Staten Island location.
DERMATOLOGY and or MOHS Experience is a plus!
The Medical Assistant provides administrative and clinical support to licensed medical providers, as allowable by
law, to ensure appropriate patient care and efficient office operations. A Certified (Registered) Medical Assistant
supports providers and patients by handling various patient-care tasks related to management, organization, and
communication. The position requires accuracy, quality work, compassion, and timeliness, while attending to
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Welcomes patients by greeting them, introducing themselves, and calling the patient by name (Mr., Mrs., Ms.)
• Prepares patients for the visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examination room; providing
examination gowns and drape; helping them position themselves for the examination and/or treatment;
monitoring instruments, supplies, and equipment.
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital
signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
• Supports patient-care by helping providers during examinations; preparing specimens; performing basic
laboratory tests on site; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; authorizing drug
refills as directed; calling in prescriptions to pharmacies; removing sutures; changing dressings.
• Enters patients’ vital statistics and information such as medications, test results, radiology, and laboratory
orders into the Electronic Health Record.
• Updates and files medical records and insurance reports
• Assists during medical examinations, as allowable by law
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient information confidential
• Performs general office duties (e.g., answering telephones, taking dictation, and completing insurance forms)
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders, verifying receipt.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining
supplies; performing preventative maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Schedules follow up appointment if indicated by provider
• Completes required administrative tasks, reporting and recordkeeping entries at end of each day
• Returns patient calls by the end of the day
• Submits for preauthorization’s for visits and biologics the day of the patient visit
• Promptly completes assigned tasks
• Daily compliance with gathering MIPS data on patients as applicable
• Other duties as assigned
• Timely attendance: must be present at work location/site before scheduled as dictated by specific department
Time and Attendance Policy.
• Outstanding patient experience as demonstrated by:
• Immediate acknowledgement of the patient
• No distraction while interacting with patients
• Compassion and professionalism during all interaction with patients
• Proper attire, grooming and hygiene
• Desire to assist patients by explaining provider’s instructions in a professional, clear, concise manner and
ensuring patients have all their questions answered before they leave
• Being an active and positive member of the health care team
• Attention to detail and engaged in reporting issues regarding patients, facilities, safety and compliance
• High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
• Medical assistant certification (CMA / RMA)
• 1+ year of experience working as a medical assistant (dermatology experience strongly preferred)
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Friendly and compassionate disposition with strong interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of all patient records
EMA experience is a plus!
Since 1986, Advanced Dermatology, P.C. and the Center for Laser & Cosmetic Surgery have been offering a wide array of medical services for patients of all ages. In addition to specializing in all areas of adult and pediatric dermatology, many of our doctors have sub-specialty training, offering a full range of medical, cosmetic and laser dermatological services. We provide personalized, conservative, effective and less painful treatments for a variety of skin conditions. We are specially trained in diagnosing all forms of skin cancer and pre-cancer. We have experienced, board-certified, fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic surgeons whose work is meticulous with exceptional cure rates and minimal scarring. We have extensive patch testing for contact dermatitis, being able to identify the specific allergen. We have many convenient locations throughout Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Westchester, Manhattan, Staten Island, and New Jersey. We continue to improve our procedures and services with the most up-to-date, advanced instruments and techniques that the dermatology field offers.
Current vacancies Full or part-time in New York, life and work in the US, the best job offers for you.
If you prefer to work as medical assistant in clinic, please APPLY ON COMPANY SITE >>>
Watch new job ads in the US on site Globhit.com right now >>>